Legal Officer at White Soul Motors
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 3 years
- Location: Lagos
- Job Field: Law / Legal
- Deadline: Sep 30, 2021
A highly reputable haulage and automobile sales company is looking to engage the services of a Legal Officer who shall be responsible for observing and/or advising on all legal matters, commercial contracts, and agreements. The Legal Officer shall also ensure the company complies with the statutory and corporate governance practices and guidelines as observed in the insurance industry and represent the company in all legal proceedings.
- Provide advice on corporate legal issues and business matters.
- Provide internal advisory services to the business units and departments within the Company.
- Ensure the development of service level agreements for service support and delivery.
- Monitor the maintenance of the registers and other records required to be maintained by the Company under the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA).
- Provide all such other administrative and other secretarial duties as directed by the Legal Counsel & Company Secretary.
- Assist in the development of guidelines, policies, procedures.
- Ensure (internal & external) compliance with laid down guidelines, policies and procedures; investigate issues of non-compliance as may be required.
- Initiate and follow up on legal actions on behalf of the company ensuring a total close out of same in the company’s favor.
- Review and advice management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements.
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications / Experience
- A Graduate Degree in Law
- Member of the Nigerian Bar Association.
- 3 years post NYSC experience.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft office applications especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent written &verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of corporate law; commitment and enthusiasm in the delivery of the organization’s objectives.
- Good understanding of general and specific Company and commercial law.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.