Legal / Compliance Specialist at Allover Capital Plc
Legal / Compliance Specialist
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience: 4 years
- Location: Lagos
- Job Field: Law / Legal
- Deadline: Sep 23, 2021
- As a Legal / Compliance Specialist, you will be responsible for establishing standards and implementing procedures to ensure that the compliance guidelines throughout the organization is effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting, and correcting non-compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
What You Will Do
- Oversee monitoring of trade compliance, reporting, and other related activities
- Evaluate current and new securities laws and regulations, federal and state, as applicable to securities compliance and management.
- Assist the department with ensuring the business meets all requirements in-country and foreign investment advisory on compliance acts as applicable
- Assist with the maintenance of effective compliance policies, procedures and/or manuals across all business lines
- Conduct periodic risk assessments, testing, and response plans on breaches.
- Design and monitor control systems to detect, prevent and deal with violations of law, regulatory requirements, external and internal.
- Develop, review, revise, implement and update compliance policies and procedures based upon changing business practices, regulatory or legal requirements in the country
- Assist with back up as needed for administration of effect Code of Ethics, social media and compliance training / continuing education programs across all business lines
- Support the local oversight of associated 3rd party due diligence
- Regularly assess the efficiency of control systems and recommend improvements
- Coordinate with all department heads to align compliance policies and procedures to operations and report consistent non compliance
- Assist with the completion and maintenance of SEC and other regulatory filings and disclosure materials
- Perform the annual compliance review of the firm and Lead employee training sessions on legal and compliance issues.
- Enforce standards and promptly respond to detected offenses, develop corrective action, and report findings to Management and other interested parties such as the board as required
- Responsible for reviewing, updating, and testing the firm’s Disaster or Business Continuity plan.
What You Will Bring
- First or Higher Degree or its equivalent in a relevant field including Law, Company Secretarial Studies, Banking, Finance, Accounting and Business Management – Desirably SEC sponsored
- MBA/MSC added advantage
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience as a Compliance Officer, Compliance Manager, Legal practitioner or similar position
- knowledge of relevant capital market regulations and who shall be responsible for monitoring and ensuring compliance with the act, rules and regulations, notifications instructions, guidelines by the Commission or the Federal Government of Nigeria
- An analytical mindset with excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
What We Offer
Once you are hired, you are strapped in for upward mobility in a challenging and dynamic environment, comprehensive compensation benefits and packages with a work culture from an equal opportunity and inclusive employer, dedicated and diversified workforce, that do not discriminate based on gender, religion, race, ethnicity.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly send their CV highlighting their Education, Experience and Skills / Competence required for the role and Covering Letter explaining why they are suitable for the role to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- The position advertised above is subject to successful bid.
- Applications will be treated as they are received and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.