Group Head, Legal / Company Secretary at Catilas Resources Limited
Group Head, Legal / Company Secretary
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience: 5 – 8 years
- Location: Lagos
- Job Field: Law / Legal
- Deadline: Not specified
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- On behalf of our client, we are looking for an excellent Company Secretary to add value and to support of our business.
- You will ensure that company always operates within the law, offer counsel on legal issues, create an effective guardian of the organization, and facilitate business strategies development.
- The successful candidate will be able to ensure legal compliance and limit risk exposure.
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management
- Set internal governance policies and manage the impact of external factors
- Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action
- Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically
- Identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks
- Base your decision-making process on ethics and integrity
- Create associations of trust and respect with key stakeholders
- Deal with external parties (regulators, external counsel, politicians, clients)
- Attract, develop, direct, motivate and drive performance from team
- Draft agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights
- Meet legal objectives
- Deal with complex, significant matters that cut across legal and related areas
- Keep abreast of legislative changes
- B.Sc Degree in Law or J.D. degree
- MA or B.Sc in Business Administration will be considered an asset
- 5 – 8 Years relevant working experience
- Proven general counseling experience in business environment
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, litigations, labour law, etc)
- In-depth understanding of how legal issues affect organisations
- Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives
- Well-versed in how business operate with financial acumen
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity, and gravitas
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills
- First class interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to “see around the corner”.
Method of Application
Note: This position is based in Lagos State and interviews will be conducted in Lagos.
Interested and qualified? Go to Catilas Resources Limited on apply.workable.com to apply